Today’s offering is a sneak peek of one of 2021’s Sale-a-Bration offerings, Darling Donkeys. I just love the way this cavorting donkey is kicking the “0” out of 2020 and welcoming the “1” for new year. 2021. Yes, bye bye 2020.
I couldn’t resist this playful Darling Donkey‘s antics when it came time to create a “good riddance to 2020” Happy New Year card. 2020 was definitely the year that was and I’m sure many of us will be happy to wish it adieu.
- Card base: Balmy Blue: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half. FYI TIP…..fold away from the ‘valley’ created with the scoring line. That seems counterintuitive but it is more beneficial to the fibers in the card stock. Then ‘burnish’ (rub firmly) the fold with your Bone Folder.
- Whisper White layer: 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine using the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder.
- Tearing toward you, remove about 3/4″ from the left side of the Whisper White embossed layer.
- Misty Moonlight card stock: Using the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine and the Playful Alphabet Dies, cut out two ‘2s’, two ‘zeros’ and one ‘1’. Set aside.
- Attach a 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ strip of Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or adhesive of your choice) to the left side of the card front.
- Now attach the Whisper White embossed layer as shown.
- Using teeny tiny dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue, attach the numbers as shown.
- Time for the donkey………Using Memento Black ink, stamp the frolicking donkey on Whisper White card stock scrap. Color using Stampin’ Blends of your choice.
- Use Paper Snips to fussy cut the little fella.
- Carefully attach ‘him’ to the card front using Mini Dimensionals.
- Using Misty Moonlight Classic Ink, stamp a Happy New Year greeting onto a scrap of Smoky Slate card stock.
- I used a retired stamp set, Christmas Messages, because it included a New Year’s greeting. I used my Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Marker to color only the pertinent section of the stamp.
Yes, I obviously really do use my Grid Paper down to the bitter end. When it gets sticky with any type of glue I do finally toss it into the recycle bin.
- Finally trim your happy new year stamped banner as shown in photo and attach to card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I cut off about 1/2″ from the right side of the greeting.
- TIP: On the flagged end, using my Snips I make a 1/4″ (approximately) cut right in the middle of the end of the scrap, towards the stamped greeting. Then I make a cut from each corner toward the end of that snipped bit. Voila! You have a perfectly centered ‘flag’ at the end of the piece. Try it……..you’ll like it. 🙂
Back to those Darling Donkeys……..the stamp set will be available as a Sale-a-Bration reward ($50 purchase = one free item from the brochure) starting January 4, 2021. More about SAB (Sale-a–Bration) in a few days.
If you’ll be “needing” a 2021 January – June Mini Catalog or a Sale-a-Bration brochure and don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator with whom you work, please let me know and I’ll be glad to send them to you. Just send me an email, Blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com with your email/mailing information and I’ll get them off to you.
PS……..As soon as I can figure it out I will most definitely be updating the Stampin’ Up! catalog in the sidebar on the right. I had help with my blog last year and some of the tweaks are just beyond me. Embarrassing but…….