A few strips of Designer Series Paper, Black Glimmer Paper, the Have a Hoot stamp set, Peek-a-Hoot Dies and the awesome newly released Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine — all from Stampin’ Up! — go into the making of this fun Halloween card.
It all started out with two strips (3/4″ x 4-1/2″ of Plaid Tidings 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper and two strips (3/4″ x 5″) of Black Glimmer Paper. And it developed from there. I knew I wanted to use the masked bandito owl image.
Here are the supplies I ended up using:
Tips for putting it all together:
- Gorgeous Grape: 8-1/2″ x 11″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded, creating your card front
- Basic Black: 5-1/4″ x 4″ – run through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Woodland Embossing Folder.
- Scrap: die cut three spider webs using the Peek-a-Hoot dies.
- Whisper White: 5″ x 3-3/4″ for inside of card;
- Using Memento Black ink, stamp the pumpkin image and color with Stampin’ Blends.
- Attach to the inside of the card using Stampin’ Seal Adhesive*.
- Whisper White scrap: approximately 2-1/2″ square
- Using Memento Black ink, stamp the ‘bandito’ image and color with Stampin’ Blends
- Die cut the stamped image using the appropriate size square from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp an extra little crescent moon, color with blends and use Peek-a-Hoot dies to cut it out; attach to square die cut layer with small piece of Dimensional.
- Using Memento Black ink, stamp the word BOO above the bandito.
- Attach the spider webs using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (aka ‘green glue’) that’s been carefully dotted here and there on the back side.
- Affix an Iridescent Pearl to each spider web. I use tweezers to carefully slide the pearl from the packaging so the glue remains solidly attached to the bottom of the pearl.
* TIP: If your Stampin’ Seal doesn’t come out as it should, give the tip of the roll a push upward with your index finger and it’ll work again. It’s an inherent issue with some of the containers. Yes, sometimes you have to do it more than once!
Coming soon: a Christmas card using many of these same products in a totally different way. But in the meantime, I have a craft display to finish for tomorrow (Saturday, September 12th) and I have to gather my wits and my products to take them out to the car.