You know, it really seems like the right time for a little bit of joyful whimsy and that’s exactly what we get with the Catching Butterflies stamp set that’s found in the January-February 2022 Sale-a-Bration Brochure. Depending on your choice of product, you can earn it for FREE with a minimum $50 or $100 regular Stampin’ Up! product. Our happy little butterfly girl can be found on page 6.
I was totally in the mood for the little girl’s joy while out hunting for butterflies……which she would release shortly after catching them.
With a HAPPY heart, this is the card I created. Can you tell it’s almost totally based on the card on page 6 of the Sale-a-Bration brochure? ‘My stampers’ at the Avimor Community Center, here in Boise Idaho all made this card Thursday at our semi-monthly stampin’ class.
- Card Front: Polished Pink card stock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half and a 1″ x 3″ scrap for greeting layer.
- Layer One: Basic White card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ plus scraps for butterfly net and message tag and another piece, 3-1/2″ square for stamping butterfly girl image.
- Inside card: Basic White card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Die cut a 3″ circle from upper portion of 5-1/4″ x 4″ Basic White card stock as shown.
- Stamp 3 butterflies as shown using Memento Black ink.
- Set aside.
- Stamp ‘butterfly girl’ using Memento Black ink on 3-1/2″ square piece of card stock.
- color girl with blends
- color grass with various shades of green watercolor pencils and then blend colors using Blender Pen.
- Place Mini Dimensionals around inside edge of die cut circle, spacing them about 1-1/2″ apart.
- Carefully position stamped butterfly girl layer behind this layer.
- Add more Dimensionals to the bottom edge of this layer and apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the upper part of the layer. These two types of ‘glue’ (liquid and Dimensionals) will level out the layer so it lays smoothly on the card front. Go ahead and attach it now.
- On Basic White card stock scrap pieces, using Memento Black ink, stamp a net and greeting of your choice.
- Stamp a butterfly on the net and then fussy cut it with Paper Snips. Place several mini dimensionals on back of net and affix over the other stamped net so it overlaps the die cut circle.
- Die cut the greeting using the label die from the Bouquet of Love dies and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Using the same label die from the Bouquet of Love dies, die cut another piece using a Polished Pink scrap of card stock.
- Using Paper Snips cut this narrow piece horizontally. (long way)
- Place a thin line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue along one long edge of the back side of the stamped label. Attach it to 1/2 of the Polished Pink layer leaving a little bit of the Polished Pink layer exposed. Repeat with the other long edge of the greeting.
- Attach the label layers to the card front using Dimensionals.
- Color butterflies with watercolor pencils. I used Crushed Curry.
- Swipe Wink of Stella over all 4 butterflies. This will intensify the watercolor pencil color as well as give a bit of sparkle.
- Finally randomly place five (5) little dots of Multipurpose Glue on the card front and then carefully place 5 sequins over the dots. You might use tweezers for help with this step or just your finger tips or device of your choice.
- One more finally……atttach the 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White card stock to the inside of the card. Stamp if desired.
Can I help you place an order for some regular stamping supplies or stamp sets so you can select this whimsical Catching Butterflies cling stamp set for FREE? Yes, she is FREE with a $50 purchase of regular priced product. If you click on any of the supply items above you’ll be taken right to my Stampin’ Up! store. (or click the link just below) And I’m available by email to help you as well.
Here’s a link to the new 2022 January – June Mini Catalog. It’s full of great new product! 🙂
Finally, please let me know if I can mail (or hand deliver locally) both the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-a-Bration Brochure to you. Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkin and play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team