I was inspired to stretch my skills and finally make a card from the A Grand Kid stamp set yesterday. It’s kind of a tough task for a teenage boy.
My card is definitely ‘guy style’:
Nitty gritty product how-to info:
- Misty Moonlight card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded for card base AND 3-3/4″ x 1/2″ strips (2)
- Just Jade card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ AND 3-3/4″ x 1/2″ strips (2)
- Bumblebee card stock: 5″ x 3-3/4″ AND 3-3/4″ x 1/2″ strips (2) AND scrap for die cutting the same frame as for the greeting
- Basic White: 3-3/4″ x 5″ (for inside card) plus scrap for greeting
- Highland Heather: 3-3/4″ x 1/2″ strips (3) and scrap for die cutting the same frame as for the greeting and
- Ribbon strips: 3-3/4″
- Just Jade
- Misty Moonlight
- Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine: for die cutting your greeting and two contrasting pieces of card stock for placing behind the greeting
- Memento Black ink: stamp greeting on scrap of Basic White card stock and die cut using appropriate die
- Die cut Bumblebee and Highland Heather pieces of card stock for placing behind the greeting. Cut each of these pieces in half horizontally and then attach to the back of the greeting piece using Multipurpose Liquid Glue so you can slide each segment as needed for proper positioning.
- Place a thin strip of Multipurpose Liquid Glue behind the center section of each piece of ribbon (about 1″ to 1-1/4″) and crisscross them as shown — or as you choose! Then…..
- Attach the greeting to card front using Dimensionals.
If you’d like to purchase any of the supplies used for today’s card, click on the image in the supplies used section above and be directed to my Stampin’ Up! online store. If your total order is less than $150, please use the Host Code below. If your order is over $150, enjoy your own customer rewards. At the end of January I’ll be sending a thank you gift to those who used the hostess code. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. At this moment my business email is wonky so please use my basic email of email@example.com. I’ll let you know when my business email is repaired.
Need a hard copy of the January – June 2021 Mini Catalog or the Sale-a-Bration brochure? Please ask and I’ll mail them to you.