A fun group of neighbors have been gathering, around 7:30, every Friday night since last September, maybe a month earlier. We each bring a snack and some wine. One of our group is about to move to North Carolina!!!!! Sigh. We all moved into this newish neighborhood (Avimor, NE edge of Boise ID)around December 2019. It’s an amazingly friendly, fun place to live. And to lose a friend and neighbor in less than two years is just not acceptable. But it is reality.
All that said, this morning I made a card for “Judy”, the defector. We all love her dearly, especially the 10 and under gang for whom she is the proverbial Auntie Mame!
I’ve hung on to the retired “Just Kidding” stamp set for just this type of occasion……and for our friend who also has the ‘proper’ sense of humor. To add fun to Judy’s personality, she and I are the only Dems in the crowd of neighbors who support the other side of the spectrum. We do NOT talk politics at our gatherings but rather just laugh and learn about each other for hours each week. But it has created a special bond between us.
TIP: I store my Take Your Pick Die Brush and Pads in an empty Paper Pumpkin box, turned inside out, with the contents written on the outside. Very convenient to use in my stampin’ space or to pack up for a class. The mess is contained inside the box.
This is really a very simple card. It’s also over-sized at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. I chose the size so there was plenty of room for neighbors to leave a parting message for Judy.
- Card Front: Basic White Thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Designer Series Paper (aka DSP): 8-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ plus 1/2″ x 8-1/4″ contrasting DSP scrap for layering behind the die cut/greeting layers
- Die Cut Layer: Mint Macaron, approximately 3-1/2″ x 5″
- Stamped Layer: Basic White card stock: 3-1/2″ x 2-3/16″
- Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black) pad: Stamping images and words
- Watercolor Pencils: Coloring in images
- Water Painters for smoothing and blending the watercolors
- Blending Brushes and Mint Macaron classic ink for ‘detailing’ the stamped layer on the front of the card
Don’t have the supplies for a card like this but would like one? Please let me know and I’ll make one for you. $10 plus postage for safely mailing finished card to you. Your choice of DSP.
Please feel free to email, or text, me at any time with any questions you may have about our Stampin’ Up! products. I’m always happy to help in any way I can. I do my best to post regularly on my BLOG and would love to have you subscribe ~ StampingWithBlythe.com. (the caps aren’t necessary–they just make it easier to read) The subscribe area is on the top right of the side bar.