Today’s card is a quick and almost easy topiary Hello card and it just makes me smile. I do like clean and crisp and simple cards. The truth is though that this card isn’t q-u-i-t-e as easy as it should be.
When making the score lines you must be very very precise. If you look closely at my card you’ll see a few little ‘oopsies’. Imperfections keep us honest and humble. 🙂
Product’s Used in my card:
I showed two ways you can purchase the Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Marker in the images above:
- Sold as a duo on p. 45 of the 2018 Occasions Catalog: Chocolate Chip & Tranquil Tide markers: $7
- Sold as a part of the Neutrals Collection of Stampin’ Write Markers: $23
I also had to break down and use a retired product, the Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate that goes (went) along with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- I started the card by stamping the topiary image on a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″:
- Ink up the topiary using Old Olive Classic Ink
- Go over the ‘trunk’ segments with Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker
- Carefully ink up the pot using Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink
- Then stamp your greeting, again using Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink.
- Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Stylus, carefully score lines 3/4″ apart, at an angle, avoiding any stamped image.
- I tried several methods to keep myself on track in the right groove but wasn’t always successful after hopping over a stamped segment.
- The best method was to use the little markers, spaced 3/4″ apart, as guides.
- When finished scoring, layer your stamped card stock onto a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock, 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Layer both pieces onto your Whisper White card front, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded over. I always recommend reinforcing that fold with a Bone Folder for a sharp crease.
- TIP: If you’re wondering…..when you score at 4-1/4″, your score line will look like a ‘valley’ or a ‘trough’. Fold away from that indentation. It will produce a cleaner, sharper look and the fibers in the card won’t fight with you. Then burnish (rub over) the crease with your Bone Folder. You can also use your thumb nail if it’s handier!
And that, my friends, is my quick and almost easy topiary hello card. Change the greeting and you can have a thank you card or a birthday card or anything you desire. If you need any of the supplies used for today’s card just click on any of the supplies images above to go directly to my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you don’t already have a demonstrator with whom you’re working, I’d love it if you selected me when establishing an account in my store. If you ever need help with your purchases I am here to help you. Just ask.