May 2nd comes but once a year but this year’s arrival is just a little bit more special since my “baby” is turning 45! How can that be?! She and I share a love of good red wine so this Half Full card is just perfect for her.
Here’s the fun stamp set:
As so often happens in my stamp room, I wrote inside the card before I took a photo of it, so you’ll have to bear with the lovely orange sticky-notes covering my personal message to my daughter.
*** May 31st additional comment: The Happy Birthday greeting is from the Rose Wonder stamp set which is retiring today. Sorry. There is a similar greeting in the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set as well. And it’s also retiring. ARRGH. It’s really hard to keep track of where all the Happy Birthday greetings come from!
It’s always fun to put an image on the back of the card if there is one that fits the occasion and the card:
Here are a few card details:
- Crumb Cake card base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half
- Rich Razzleberry banner piece: 1-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- Lemon Lime Twist banner piece: 7/8″ x 2-3/4″
- Garden Green banner piece: 1″ x 4″
- Whisper White: scraps large enough for the Flourish Thinlits piece, about 4-1/2″ x 3″ and another piece 1-15/16″ x 2-3/4″ (for punching out using the Tag Topper Scallop Punch)
- I cut one piece from the flourish die cut piece, sponged it with Lemon Lime Twist classic ink and placed it behind the greeting layer.
- TIP: Attach the three banner layers to each other, wrap the Linen Thread around the top and secure it with a knot and then a bow and then attach the attached layers to the card front (with the doily already in position on the card front).
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s Half Full birthday card. It was fun to make and I really do love the Half Full stamp set. It’s one of my favorites: elegant yet whimsical. You can get yours by clicking on the image above to go to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Or, if you’d prefer a clear mount Half Full stamp set, click on those words!