It took me awhile to suddenly decide that I had to have the Background Bits hostess set from this year’s annual catalog.
I especially like the little miniature handwritten image that can be stamped one under another to create a nice subtle, soft background pattern. I only used it twice on this card (with the help of a stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment).
Thank you to Jeanne for hosting a few friends where we made this card.
We used these products to make our cards:
- Using Crumb Cake Classic Ink stamp background words twice — use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment for the second stamping — on the Whisper White card stock.
- Using Wild Wasabi Stampin’ Marker, color directly onto the rubber of the bouquet of the multiple flowers image and color in the stems and leaves.
- Using Calypso Coral Stampin’ Marker color directly onto the rubber and color in the flowers.
- Huff on the stamp to revitalize the ink and then stamp image over the crumb cake words, having the stems hang about 1/4″ below the words.
- Ink up the flowers again with Calypso Coral marker and stamp again on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Cut three flowers (your choice which ones) out with Paper Snips.
- Using Soft Suede Classic Ink stamp the ‘you’re always so thoughtful!’ greeting above the stamped images and the ‘thank you’ below the images.
- Layer the Whisper White layer onto the Calypso Coral layer and than layer both layers onto the Crumb Cake card front.
- Attach the three cut out flowers, using Mini Dimensionals, onto their corresponding flowers on the card front.
- Add an odd amount of Rhinestone Jewels onto the card front.
- Stamp the individual flower on the back of the card using Calypso Coral ink and sign your name/date over or below it so your recipient will know who created it.
I hope you think about this charming Background Bits hostess set when you find yourself with hostess dollars to use when you (or I) place a qualifying order. What’s a qualifying order? An order that’s over $150. I hope you consider placing your order in my online Stampin’ Up! store and choosing me as your demonstrator. I’m always here to help you with questions, creative ideas or placing that order.