I joined the sixth Creativate Retreat in the fall, a great opportunity for demonstrators and customers alike to learn new tricks and stretch their imaginations and skills. This time ’round they Creativate Team is offering a weekly challenge leading up to the October 23rd retreat.
The first week’s challenge: a monochromatic card. My card:
Stamp Sets: Beauty of Friendship and Garden Wishes
Card Stock: Misty Moonlight, Basic White
Ink: Misty Moonlight Classic Pad and Marker
Accessories: Cut & Emboss Machine, Printed Labels Dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stamping Sponge (cut into 6ths), Multipurpose Glue, Paper Trimmer
- The card base is the usual 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded creating the card. This time you’ll make an additional score line on the front flap at 2-1/8″ and fold it back on itself.
- Open the card and cut a diagonal line from the center fold to 2″ from the bottom of the card front. Please excuse my diagram below but it works and it’s how I trouble shot the cuts.
- I cut the Basic White layer following the same cutting as above. Using my Paper Trimmer I cut off 1/8″ on either side the the center fold line. If necessary cut off 1/8″ from the bottom of this diagonally cut piece.
- Place the 2 Basic White pieces 1/4″ apart from each other, in the position they’d be in on the card front (the part inside is folded back on itself) and then stamp the Garden Wishes image using Misty Moonlight classic ink.
- Clean the stamp and then use the Misty Moonlight marker to color only the one flower and then stamp it on the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Basic White piece that will be attached to the inside of the card.
This card is slightly different (not 100% monochromatic) from the card shown at the top of the page:
This is the Designer Series Paper I used:
You can use many stamp set to pull off this lovely monochromatic type of card. I think the effect is rather stunning and charming.
Will you be placing an order today? If yes, and if you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator with whom you work/play, please consider shopping in my Stampin’ Up! Store. Clicking on any of the product images above will also take you to my online store. Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkin and play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team